Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Raise the roof!

Ah, the sweet sound of roofers hard at work this morning. It's been a rough time getting the money up for my new roof but it needed it pretty badly. I had a few bad leaks and probably plenty of unseen water damage in places that will no doubt show up years from now. My studio was on hold mostly due to the roof, so once this is done than I can start putting time into my studio and get my shit out of what will eventually be my son's second room. I already have the grandiose plans for the space but as usual a strict budget will dictate the outcome.

2 comments:

Rodney Orton said...

Ah, the sounds of new protection! That’s what I associate roofs with. The roof provides the most protection to any building or structure, so every ounce of effort that anyone puts into fixing their roof is worth it. Renovations of any kind can be pretty costly, but when you think about the safety and protection that a roof affords us, you know you’re getting value for your money.

Galliena Gornet said...

Your new roof was definitely the better investment at that point, since your old one needed a lot of repairs. It doesn’t do to persevere with a leaky roof these days, especially since the weather has been pretty harsh. How’s new roof been doing against bad weather?